A group of residents in the parish are investigating a scheme to improve broadband speeds for local properties. Although this is not an ES&BG PC endorsed scheme, it has some potential benefits for residents.
If you are interested in looking at other options for improving broadband speeds in the local area then please join the residents of Ecchinswell who are coordinating a 'community led' solution to get fast broadband – known as Fibre to the Property (FTTP).
Currently 24 households have signed up or have verbally committed to this.
The advantages include;
- Increasing the value of your property (by up to 16%*). Two fifths of potential purchasers of a property would not consider a property with slow internet speeds.
- Increasing the value and attraction of our community as a place to live and work
- Future proofing – you may feel your broadband is currently “good enough” but future demands on bandwidth will require FTTP.
Fibre to the Property (FTTP) provides;
- Reliability of speeds. It will prevent further deterioration as more houses rely on the existing fibre to the cabinet services.
- FTTP will not see speeds reduce in adverse weather conditions.
- The current plan under consideration buries cables underground which makes it 5 times more reliable than wires on poles (according to BT) and aesthetically more appealing.
The cost to you
- Government Grants will cover the majority, or potentially ALL of the costs. Grants are provided after completion so funding may be required short term
TO MAKE THIS VIABLE WE NEED VILLAGE SUPPORT.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED TO PARTICIPATE PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND HOME POST CODE TO RUPERTELWES@GMAIL.COM.
THERE ARE NO OBLIGATIONS TO PROCEED AT THIS STAGE
*Eutelsat survey, published in the Telegraph